WhatsApp face id not working?Your WhatsApp conversations and call information on an iPhone can be secured by using Face ID, preventing unauthorized access. Additionally, you have the option to hide your last seen status from selected contacts, enhancing your privacy.
It’s self-evident that your data may be at risk if Face ID malfunctions while using WhatsApp on your iPhone. In case you’re unable to secure your WhatsApp using Face ID, here are the top solutions to resolve the issue of Face ID not functioning properly on WhatsApp for iPhone.
Table of Contents
Resolve the “WhatsApp Face ID Not Working” Issue
Let’s discuss the top 5 fixes to resolve the WhatsApp face id not working issue.
Verify That WhatsApp Is Enabled for Face ID
If Face ID stops functioning for a specific app on your iPhone, the initial action you should take is to verify if the app has Face ID enabled. The following instructions demonstrate how to check whether Face ID is enabled for WhatsApp.
To set up Face ID for WhatsApp on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Launch WhatsApp
- Locate the Settings icon at the bottom-right corner of the screen and tap on it
- Select Privacy from the menu
- Scroll down to find Screen Lock and tap on it
- If the feature is not enabled, tap the toggle next to Require Face ID to activate it
- After completing the setup, exit WhatsApp and try reopening it using Face ID.
Here’s an alternative method to verify the Face ID configurations for WhatsApp:
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and select WhatsApp.
- If not already done, toggle the switch next to Face ID.
- Observe the on-screen prompts to establish the Face ID.
- Exit the Settings app and launch WhatsApp to verify if the issue has been resolved.
Enable Face ID Access
You can utilize Face ID on your iPhone to perform tasks such as authorizing app purchases and making payments through Apple Pay, in addition to unlocking apps such as Notes. If you’re using WhatsApp, it’s important to verify whether the app has granted access to use Face ID or not. Here are the methods to follow in order to check.
To resolve the issue, follow these steps on your iPhone:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on Face ID and Passcode.
- Enter your iPhone Passcode to proceed.
- Select Other Apps.
- Check the list of apps that use Face ID and ensure WhatsApp is permitted to use it. If it isn’t, enable it by toggling the switch next to WhatsApp.
- Close the Settings app and launch WhatsApp to verify if the issue has been resolved.
Clean the Truedepth Camera Area
Your iPhone’s Face ID feature relies on the TrueDepth Camera system, which is located in the notch at the top of the device. The front camera and sensors hidden within the notch work together to make Face ID possible. However, if the TrueDepth Camera area becomes frequently smudged, it can cause issues with the Face ID functionality.
Our recommendation is to utilize a microfiber cloth to clean the TrueDepth Camera section of your iPhone. Afterward, attempt to employ Face ID on WhatsApp to verify if the issue has been resolved.
Relaunch WhatsApp After Forcing Quit
Suspending all pending activities and starting afresh is what force-quitting an app accomplishes. If WhatsApp has been running in the background, one way to try and solve any issues is to force quit and then relaunch the app.
To solve the problem, follow these steps on your iPhone:
- Swipe up and hold on the home screen to reveal the background app windows.
- Swipe right and search for WhatsApp. Then, swipe up to close the app and prevent it from running in the background.
- Open WhatsApp again and check if the issue has been resolved.
If you have tried all possible solutions and are still experiencing issues with WhatsApp on your iPhone, it is possible that the current version of the app may contain bugs. To resolve this, you can attempt updating the app to see if this resolves the issue. It is important to keep apps on your iPhone up to date as a general practice.
To update WhatsApp, follow these steps:
- Open the App Store on your iPhone.
- Hit the profile icon found in the top-right corner.
- Swipe downwards to refresh the list of available app updates.
- Download and apply any updates that are available for WhatsApp.
- Close the App Store and open WhatsApp to check if the problem has been resolved.
WhatsApp with Face ID
In conclusion, if you are facing issues with Face ID not working in WhatsApp on your iPhone, there are several potential solutions that can be attempted to resolve the issue. From checking for the latest software updates to resetting Face ID and reinstalling WhatsApp, these five fixes have been proven to be effective in resolving this issue. It is recommended to try each solution one by one until the problem is fixed. By following these steps, you can continue using Face ID in WhatsApp on your iPhone seamlessly.